Maharashtra has always been one of the fastest developing states of the country. Aurangabad, Headquarters of the Marathwada Region of Maharashtra, is one of the most important and emerging districts in the country having tremendous potential to make significant contribution to national growth.
- Aurangabad and Marathwada region account for the largest number of heritage monuments in the state and therefore is considered as Tourist Capital of Maharashtra.
- It is the only district of India having two-world heritage monuments-Ajanta and Ellora, that is complimented by numerous other heritage monuments, Nature / Water Tourism, religious and cultural destinations and products.
- Today, Aurangabad has an annual inflow of around 50 lakh tourists including foreign tourist at 35 tourist locations / attractions.
Connectivity, Basic infrastructure at tourist sites and Lack of publicity
Aurangabad district is synonymous with history culture and heritage monuments hence with tourism. The UNESCO declared World Heritage sites of Ellora and Ajanta not only attracts national but international tourists. The city has been declared and deservedly so as the Tourism Capital of Maharashtra. The tag of Tourism Capital hasn’t brought the necessary benefits or upgrades to City’s tourism or physical infrastructure. We all know the dismal conditions of city roads, non-existing footpaths, signage and information boards.
- Government should speed up ICONIC Sites project of Ajanta and Ellora and give some funds for maintenance, conservation of these caves.
- State Government should strive to get UNESCO Heritage City tag for city as promised.
- Development of Exhibition cum Convention Centre at Aurangabad which can host international level exhibitions in city.
- Good quality roads and Proper international quality signage and information boards guiding tourists to various monuments.
- Promoting Aurangabad as a destination for business meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Development of Air, Rail and Road connectivity which can improve tourist inflow and make Aurangabad more accessible to domestic and international travelers.
- Establishment of Tourism Authority in Aurangabad for promotion of tourism through institutional mechanism.
- Organised State owned Ajanta-Ellora Aurangabad International Festival.
Ex-AMC Commissioner Dr. Nipun Vinayak acknowledging the contribution of Aurangabad First for Sponsoring Young and Enthusiastic Students to bring in Fresh Energy and Thoughts in City Administration.
Nipun Vinayak Thank you for your great contribution and best wishes to you from all Aurangabadkars.
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
Suggestions to our new AMC Commissioner
We Welcome Mr. Astik Kumar Pandey, the new Commissioner of Aurangabad Municipal Corporation.
First Six are must solve issues to restore the confidence of general public in AMC.
1. Solve water issue. Must for mitigation of misery of common people. Fasttrack new Water supply project which is in tender stage. Go for state funding for various water project, a revenue/resource deficit city cannot afford pvt water.
2. Concentrate on roads. Image takes a beating due to bad roads. Development of Jalna road, Beed bypass and City Ring Road.
3. Focus on effective public transport. Propose Mass Rapid Transport in partnership with DMIC & /or including it in Smart City project. Make provision for Public Transport Lane in new DP.
4. Take initiatives for Sustainable solution of Solid Waste Management and Sewage System.
5. Establish a cordial relationship between the corporators and the administration so that AMC can effectively deal with the civic problems.
6. Put best efforts to make the civic body free from corruption and try to maintain transparency in Municipal affairs.
7. Development and beautification of Gardens, open space, green belts etc.
8. Develop Solar parks on AMC land through PPP mode or on its own or with the assistance of GoM / GoI to reduce AMC electricity bill. (espl Jayakwadi Water pumping bill)
9. Increase Property tax collection. Go after defaulters.
10. Start with the Smart City Plan at the earliest. This will be major source of funding for city projects. Rs 1000 cr can be netted from this avenue.
11. Include AMC run 500 bed Hospital cum Medical College in Smart City proposal.
12. Clear city of encroachment & build proposed old DP roads like Jalna road – Panchayat samiti, Mondha – MGM to solve traffic problems.
13. Go for groundwater recharge. Give subsidy in the house tax/water charges to encourage Rainwater harvesting.
14. Encourage roof top Solar panels and reverse net meter schemes.
15. Sant Eknath Auditorium work is going at very slow speed. It can be Develop on the lines of Nagpur and Nashik, where Funds are allocated from Smart City Project
16. Tourism development and preservation of historical monuments of the city.
17. Sign boards showing directions are missing in the city. Being tourism capital, proper sign boards showing directions is a must all over the city.
18. Shift Siddharth Zoo to Padegaon at earliest.
19. Coordinate with DMIC & NHAI for city projects and development.
20. Preserve water resources like Nehre-e-Ambari, and take initiatives for Kham River rejuvenation.
An initiative of Marathwada Environment Care Cluster