Ex-AMC Commissioner Dr. Nipun Vinayak acknowledging the contribution of Aurangabad First for Sponsoring Young and Enthusiastic Students to bring in Fresh Energy and Thoughts in City Administration.
Nipun Vinayak Thank you for your great contribution and best wishes to you from all Aurangabadkars.
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
Suggestions to our new AMC Commissioner
We Welcome Mr. Astik Kumar Pandey, the new Commissioner of Aurangabad Municipal Corporation.
First Six are must solve issues to restore the confidence of general public in AMC.
1. Solve water issue. Must for mitigation of misery of common people. Fasttrack new Water supply project which is in tender stage. Go for state funding for various water project, a revenue/resource deficit city cannot afford pvt water.
2. Concentrate on roads. Image takes a beating due to bad roads. Development of Jalna road, Beed bypass and City Ring Road.
3. Focus on effective public transport. Propose Mass Rapid Transport in partnership with DMIC & /or including it in Smart City project. Make provision for Public Transport Lane in new DP.
4. Take initiatives for Sustainable solution of Solid Waste Management and Sewage System.
5. Establish a cordial relationship between the corporators and the administration so that AMC can effectively deal with the civic problems.
6. Put best efforts to make the civic body free from corruption and try to maintain transparency in Municipal affairs.
7. Development and beautification of Gardens, open space, green belts etc.
8. Develop Solar parks on AMC land through PPP mode or on its own or with the assistance of GoM / GoI to reduce AMC electricity bill. (espl Jayakwadi Water pumping bill)
9. Increase Property tax collection. Go after defaulters.
10. Start with the Smart City Plan at the earliest. This will be major source of funding for city projects. Rs 1000 cr can be netted from this avenue.
11. Include AMC run 500 bed Hospital cum Medical College in Smart City proposal.
12. Clear city of encroachment & build proposed old DP roads like Jalna road – Panchayat samiti, Mondha – MGM to solve traffic problems.
13. Go for groundwater recharge. Give subsidy in the house tax/water charges to encourage Rainwater harvesting.
14. Encourage roof top Solar panels and reverse net meter schemes.
15. Sant Eknath Auditorium work is going at very slow speed. It can be Develop on the lines of Nagpur and Nashik, where Funds are allocated from Smart City Project
16. Tourism development and preservation of historical monuments of the city.
17. Sign boards showing directions are missing in the city. Being tourism capital, proper sign boards showing directions is a must all over the city.
18. Shift Siddharth Zoo to Padegaon at earliest.
19. Coordinate with DMIC & NHAI for city projects and development.
20. Preserve water resources like Nehre-e-Ambari, and take initiatives for Kham River rejuvenation.
An initiative of Marathwada Environment Care Cluster